Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Down time

Been having tendonitis/tendinitis in my foot since my last ride post (Kingsville). Saving my HSA deductible for the kids and have avoided making an ortho appointment to see if it isn't indeed a stress fracture of sorts. Easy spinning still gets the swelling on but I've gained some strength tolerance by submerging my foot in ice buckets, so there's that. Meanwhile, I've been bored of the usual dinner rotations and we tried our hand at some spezzatino (Italian stew) the other day. Pretty much followed Giada's recipe here, but I backed off on the sodium and increased it elsewhere by adding in some stewed romas and some heat with cracked peppers. It called for cubed pancetta for garnish but a package of regular chopped bacon did just fine. Anything with bacon on top has got to be an award winner. I could sell this stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment