Monday, May 24, 2010

Dumbspringa


Rumspringa (also Rumschpringe or Rumshpringa, derived from the Pennsylvania German term for "running around")[1] generally refers to a period of adolescence for some members of the Amish, a subsect of the Anabaptist Christian movement, that begins around the age of sixteen and ends when a youth chooses baptism within the Amish church or instead leaves the community.


As much as I wanted to believe Floyd Landis was innocent, I sensed the way in which he 'fought' allegations always seemed transparent that he was guilty. I first shrugged that sense off and credited his guilty conscience to his lack of PR skills, shyness & his general Amish-upbringing / yearn for privacy. But he was doped and fans were duped. Another great negative lead-up to another TDF. That won't keep my TV from suffering Versus logo burn-in again this July. I may still be recovering on the trainer at that point (story to follow).

Ride yer bike

No comments:

Post a Comment