Thursday, October 15, 2009

Senses


Went for a solo ride in the rain last night and then another misty, chilly ride before the sun lifted an eyelid this morning. I love this time to reflect, ponder & meditate about the wonders of the world. 

The feel of the cold water spraying off my front tire onto my shins. 

Pupils dilated & straining to see through the warp-drive streaking drizzle.

The smells of a wood burning stove eating the season's first white oak. 

The muffled sound of leaves crunching under my tires like I'm rolling over al dente corn flakes. 

And cold air has a flavor. It is different in the fall than the same temperature air of spring. I can't describe it. It just tastes good.

Things appear to be dying all around us, but I think they are just now coming to life. 

Enjoy the ride.



No comments:

Post a Comment